Terms of Confidentiality
GFIT-registered professionals will maintain confidential records of client contact. All interactions which take place in sessions are considered confidential. This includes requests by telephone/Google Meets, all interactions with your mindset coach, any scheduling or appointment notes, all session content records and any progress notes taken during your sessions. You may permit in writing to release any or specific information about you to any person or agency you designate. Personal information is collected to provide you with assistance and education; the collection is necessary for that purpose and is protected by the Freedom of Information and Protection Privacy Act (FIPPA) and the Personal Health Information Act (PHIA)
Limits to this agreement
1. In some legal proceedings, a judge may issue a court order. This would require this counsellor to testify in court.
2. If I learn of or believe that there is physical or sexual abuse or neglect of any person under 18 years of age, I must report this information to county child protection services.
3. If I learn of or believe that an elderly person or disabled person is being abused or neglected, I must file a report with the appropriate state agency that handles elder abuse.
4. If I learn of or believe you are threatening serious harm to another person, I must report this. This can be in the form of telling the person whom you have threatened, contacting the police or placing you into hospitalization.
5. If there is evidence that you are a danger to yourself and I believe that you are likely to kill yourself unless protective measures are taken, I may be obligated to seek hospitalization for you or to contact family members or others who can help provide protection.
6. There may be times when I consult with outside sources about cases. In these cases, no personally identifiable information will be used to discuss this case. However, discussion topics will be used to ensure I get and give the best assistance possible. The persons with whom I discuss cases are legally bound to keep information confidential.
As the client, you have the following rights:
• The right to end therapy/coaching at any time.
• The right to ask questions about the treatment plan, the therapist’s approach or credentials.
• The right to voice concerns or complaints to your therapist. If necessary, you have the right to inform the Manitoba Professionals College about any unethical or unprofessional behaviour.
• The right to ask questions about your personal therapy/coaching file or to request corrections to information.
• The right to confidentiality.
Clients may wish to communicate through phone, email or text. While every precaution will be taken to safeguard your information, please be advised that due to the nature of the technology, electronic data can be accessible to a third party. Please carefully consider who has access to your electronic devices, such as family, friends, or colleagues. Session Notes/RecordsSession notes/records are used to record client information. These notes will be kept in a locked filing cabinet. Please ask any questions you may have about this system.
As part of an informed consent process, we discuss the risks and benefits of any treatment. The GIFT Registered Professionals don't pose any inherent health or medical risks. Some people may find it difficult to discuss the issues that bring them to therapy/coaching sessions and experience challenging emotions at the beginning of coaching sessions. You are encouraged to give your therapist feedback about your feelings or experiences as part of the coaching process.
It is acknowledged that your insurance coverage may cover GFIT’s services. It is your responsibility to confirm insurance coverage details, including, but not limited to, the nature, amounts, and timing of the coverage. If applicable, GFIT will provide you with an insurance receipt for the services received by our registered professionals. You are responsible for submitting any required insurance support to your insurance provider(s). GFIT does not represent or guarantee that your insurance coverage will cover GFIT’s services.I have read and discussed (as needed) the above information. I understand the nature and limits of confidentiality, the service risks, and my responsibilities.
If you need to cancel, it is very important that you rebook ASAP. Attendance is mandatory to receive an insurance receipt for this service. Please note that if you cancel and reschedule with less than 24 hours' notice, there will be an additional charge of $25 added to your account.